Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The rest of the incoming December exchange envelopes

One from Florence. I like the simplicity of this one, and the colors which go with the stamp.



One from Lynne - I love this idea for a modern take on a tree. Looks so cool, I need to remember this for next year.



Another clever tree, this time from Rehj.





Beautiful calligraphy from Karen. Karen always does such subtle, interesting things with her work. I love how she left off the 'rd' in 3rd, which would have interfered with the downstroke of the p.


An owl (from a calendar page) from Carroll, which came with a peace bird inside.




Vintage Christmas stamps from Amy S.


And last but not least, this one from Kate R.


It's been really great to receive so much beautiful mail over the holidays - thanks, everyone!

__________________________________

Rehj has obviously been saving up her Christmas wreath global stamps - thanks for paying extra postage to get such a nice effect on the envelope. Which brings me to a bonus mini-rant today!

I buy most of my postage from usps.com as it is convenient and easier to browse than ask a busy postal clerk to browse through the filing cabinet of stamps for me. As of yesterday, there are currently NO Global Forever stamps available at the website. NO Christmas wreaths, NO multicolored oceans, nothing. I know a new issue is coming soon, but I think it is pretty bizarre to have so many options available for domestic postage, but none for international. 

Update 12 Feb: The new global stamps are finally available for preorder from USPS.com, with a 22 Feb release date.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! That calligraphy on Karen's!I also got the one from Rehj and her computer skills are amazing! I have a feeling both of them have a patience level superior to mine!
    PS thanks for the camel postmark-also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always amazed by everyone's creativity - and patience, like you said. And very glad to hear the camel arrived!

      Delete