Monday, March 30, 2015

Blue, white and red






If you put the five pieces of toothpaste packaging-related mail together, this is what you get. And there can only be one recipient - Christophe's mailarteeth project. This is the largest piece of mail art (when put together) that i have made - 26.0 cm x 49.4 cm. Who knew the official US flag has such an unusual height to length ratio? (1: 1.9)

I hope all the pieces arrive - otherwise it's going to look a bit odd.


And various flag stamps to cover the postage.


I also sent a Tricolor in for the project (link in the side bar).



Stamped with the new $1 patriotic waves stamp, and last year's red, white and blue forever stamp.



The 'waves' stamps never scan well - they are striking in person. I like these more than the waves of color stamps.

____________________________________

Update:

I sent the five pieces on five consecutive days, and they arrived in France on five consecutive days according to Christophe's blog! I am not sure why it worked out so perfectly, but I love the fact that it did.

8 comments:

  1. That's quite a mail project!
    I'm amazed that they arrived in such a way. I have read the "second part" in Christophe's blog :)

    I made something similar, but involving more postal services (you already have seen it: http://goo.gl/OLcKsRl).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes mail art works as planned! The hardest part was the measuring in the beginning, due to the difficult ratio, and then the cutting - particularly the teeth.

      I did like your multinational project a lot - clever idea.

      Delete
  2. I had no clue what it was. Very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. So satisfying when all goes as planned/hoped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, although I am 100% realistic about sending art through the mail - sometimes it doesn't even make it, and so nice when it does.

      Delete
  4. clever mail art and it made it! that is even better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I had convinced myself that one piece would be lost, so it was cause for celebration when I read Christophe's blog post.

      Delete