Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hot air mail





Eric included this mysterious postcard in his envelope from the 2014 exchange.



The 8 in a circle looks familiar for some reason, but I couldn't figure it out.









I even scanned the image and ran it through a couple of web searches - no luck. I downloaded a scanning app on my phone - the bar code just says the same code on the card - 4HNC. 4HNC is a code for a protein, not sure if that is a clue or a red herring. Does the PL in IPL-33 etc refer to me?

In the end I decided to not worry about it, and sent Eric some hot air right back.



I had a bash at decorating the address side, although I don't think the small balloon will lift the large basket off the ground.





Update: Eric has resolved the mystery - see his blog post here.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It didn't turn out as nicely as I would have liked, I could have made the basket a bit more decorative.

      Delete