Thursday, October 9, 2014

Jean's white iron alphabet in gold on a paper source bag



I liked Jean's white iron alphabet she showed on her blog, and this paper bag seemed the perfect place for me to try it out.

Hopefully Jean doesn't fall over when she sees that I tried my hand at this style of writing. Fortunately I think it is very forgiving. 

I did mess up the address even though I had a practice line right in front of me. 
I love how well the circus poster stamps match - I think they are tough stamps to use as they are so striking in style, and the colors have an antique feel to them. This size qualified for the Large Envelope 1st class rate of 98c. It might be the first time I've sent an empty envelope.





___________________________

Here's the Barnum & Bailey tiger working well on a dark blue envelope (a bit darker in reality than the scanner decided it would be).

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the "paper source" bag. I have one since my last trip to US and I always thought it would make a nice envelope. I was right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eric. I had received one before, but it had a bulky package in and ended up very wrinkled so I couldn't use it. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Paper Source bags are hard to part with, I have a couple in my "supplies" for making envelopes. This one is really striking and a great match for the Circus Stamp. and WOW on the writing. Jean will be so proud of her student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've only seen this particular design for the paper source bags. This writing is really forgiving of mistakes, you should give it a try. I did find the L hard to get right. The G is also tough, although I didn't need it for this envelope.

      Delete