Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Envelope exchange 2014: #268 to Jean, bonus faux postage for Hester, and bonus real postage from 1982.



A very abstract-looking one from Charley Harper for Jean, instigator of this year's exchange and many other things!



Johnny isn't particularly hidden on this one, however I do like how the color of 'Cash' matches the Red-winged Blackbirds' eyes.



The back.




______________________________


Bonus faux Charley Harper postage:

Hester thought my idea of Charley Harper art on stamps would be a good suggestion to USPS.

Here is something I threw together quickly, so not perfect, just to give an idea of how it might look.


_______________________________

Bonus part 2:

After a little bit of googling, I found that Charley Harper designed a set of stamps that was released in 1982. I like his animals better, however these are pretty stunning in terms of simplicity and design, and there is, of course, the excellent trilobite. Smash used one on an envelope she sent me earlier this year.



2 comments:

  1. So many fun things to look at today. Great job on the faux Harper Stamps, nice line up. I never know about the PO issuing The Charlie Harper Stamps, the Fossil Fuel is the best. Thank you for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet. It was fun putting the fake stamps together. I actually like the reactor stamp the best of the 4, however they are all great designs.

      Delete