Sunday, May 11, 2014

MMSA transparency





Karen over at MMSA has been throwing in some technique-based challenges. She is a genius at making it just challenging enough that you try something new, yet not so technically/artistically difficult that you give up or decide not to participate. She also provides great examples, and suggestions so that you don't have to go out and buy a ton of supplies that you'll never use.

The results from something as simple as adding a layer of transparency blew me away. The depth and vibrancy of the images compared to plain card was a big surprise.

Four I sent out, including one for the host:


And the ones I received from...

...Julie (one of the transparent pieces decided to go and have its own adventure, and it left an interesting mark):


....Rose (one of my favorites of the year so far - the scanner does NOT do this one justice):


...and more bees from Nora (another favorite - this one is a masterpiece with tiny rivets holding the transparency layers together).


Julie's also had a 'stamp' on that I haven't seen before - I wonder if this is one of those you print yourself at home?





No comments:

Post a Comment