Thursday, January 30, 2014

Year of the Horse Preview


Today is the final day of the Year of the Snake. For the past 6 years the USPS has issued really nice cards to go with the stamps, particularly for the Year of the Ox, but for some reason (financial?) they did not so for the Year of the Horse.

I had been playing around with a circular design for the Lunar Year animals, so decided to color them taking cues from the Lunar New Year of the Horse stamp, which I think is very attractive. I printed them out in 12 different designs as postcards and sent them to everyone from Jean W's envelope exchange plus a few friends and family members. 



I stumbled upon Karen's postcard swap blog in time to send a duplicate set off to her for distribution. The way Karen I and her super-organized swap works, I should receive 11 postcards in return (I sent one to Karen to thank her for organizing the swap).

Good fortune to all this year!

3 comments:

  1. These are super! I hope I am lucky enough to get one in the swap. I sent in a couple of carrousel horses myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you don't get one in the exchange let me know and I can send you your own one.

    ReplyDelete